I am trying to be less judgmental. So…here are the facts without any comment from me. Now perhaps I don’t have ALL of the facts but the ones I have…I think they are fairly important.
- trump nominated Brett Talley from Alabama for a federal judgeship (a lifetime appointment)
- Brett Talley has practiced law for 3 years
- Brett Talley has never tried a case in court
- After the Newton, Conn., tragedy, Brett Talley tweeted, “A Call to Arms: It’s Time to Join the National Rifle Association.”
- Brett Talley wrote, “The NRA stands for all of us now, and I pray that in the coming battle for our rights, they will be victorious.”
- This September Brett Talley tweeted, “Hillary Rotten Clinton might be the best Trumpism yet.”
- The American Bar Association rated Brett Talley as, “Not Qualified.”
- The Senate Judiciary Committee approved his nomination, along party lines.
(sourced from Testimony of Brett Talley in Judiciary Committee Hearing, Boston Globe, Washington Post, NY Times)
I don’t care which party you support…